Monday, August 16, 2010

Progress Report

I ran 6 miles earlier this week and the fact that it didn't seem like a big deal is a pretty freaking big deal to me. Miles 3 and 4 were rough and I kept thinking I had gone further than I thought, but when it was all over I felt like I could keep going which is a good place to be. Tennessee has been laden with hills and that probably presented the greatest challenge, but I ran them well and my legs burned in thanks.

Tomorrow I fly into New York City on my one-way ticket. I have a lot of anxiety about this but am trying to deal with it the best way I can. Earlier I dealt with it by packing, now I am writing a blog post about it (and frantically trying to email my hostess, Abby). Later I will probably call Paolo and write down everything he tells me to do, from what bus to take to what stop to get off and how much money to have.

Plus I will be navigating all of this with three medium sized bags. No fun, I say.

But after that I will be in my new temporary residence and then I will be off to my first job interview. Navigating the subway a second time, I will have to get to SOHO and interview for a management position at a bakery. Hopefully the job is what I wanted and I will not have to look again for some time. And I can start making money again and begin to look for a place to live. Although I keep thinking I will try the city out, I don't know if I can try it out without staying for longer than a few months.

Roommate, anyone?

2 comments:

Stepping Stones said...

Stelly ! I'm so excited for you and i LOVED this post. Congrats on the six miles! Dont forget to get a little lost your second day. Remind me to have you meet up with my friends in NYC that are from colorado. I know that you would like them a lot.

I MISS YOU !

Keep moving forward...

Bridgette said...

Google maps are the best!!