Saturday, August 21, 2010

Living it up

So things have been going well. I went on an 8 mile run today in the park near where I'm staying - Prospect Park. I must say that I conquered it well although towards the end my "run" looked more like some lady's "walking the dog." Whatevs. She didn't walk her dog for 8 miles. So this is the tunnel that my phone conversations keep cutting out on (MawMaw):


And this is a shot of the park from where I sat and read my book for an afternoon:



The last two days have been much more laid-back and I've spent more time with my friend, Abby. Today we went to the farmer's market here in Brooklyn, then to the restaurant where her roommate works, The Farm:

(View of the side of the building from outside on the patio where we were sitting. Yes people lived in this building - and the others around it - and yes it would be incredible to have this to look at out your window). After a 3pm "brunch," we headed over to the Brooklyn Flea Market - filled with all the second hand items your average hipster would drool over: vintage glasses, hangbags, and wall hangings. And records.

We have tentative plans to head out to the city tonight and hang out - sort of low-key for a Saturday night. But we've had a low-key weekend since last night was spent drinking beer on the roof and watching the planes circle in to LGA (or JFK, who knows?). Beach tomorrow?? Maybe?? Hopefully at least a bike ride through Brooklyn.

Loving life a little bit. For now.

No comments: