Sunday, July 25, 2010

One or None

It only takes one moment. One word. One doubt. One last breath. To change everything.

Six more days till the rest of my life. With no home, no work, no plans, I stand with ideas flowing, poised to decide. One day I'll look back on this and remember this moment. Standing on the edge of everything, I would most like to pitch a tent and stayawhile.

Visiting my home I see my childhood and adolescence spread around like the innards of a loved one. That picture. Those notes. These toys. Stuff them into boxes. Wrap them in bubbles. Ship them to God's country. I'll rifle through them again at a more inappropriate time. My room holds a bowflex. My bathroom is the guest bathroom. I sleep in the guestroom.

Options:
Home
New Home
Old Home
Texas
Other

For now I'll sit in my tent and choose (f) none of the above.

No comments: